What to do right after an accident
- Stay put and stay calm. One of the worst things you can do is leave the scene.
- Engage your vehicle’s hazard lights. Move to a safe place, out of the flow of traffic.
- Call law enforcement. Proper legal documentation is helpful for even small accidents.
- Discuss the accident ONLY with the police and your insurance company. Never admit fault.
- Record personal information about everyone involved-drivers, passengers, witnesses and even law enforcement officers. Be prepared for this! It is easy to forget things in stressful situations. Take pictures of any damage to all vehicles involved (and license plates).
- If your vehicle is drivable, bring it to Boruske Brothers Collision Center as soon as possible. Driving a damaged vehicle is dangerous and often causes more damage. If your vehicle is not drivable, have it towed into our shop, or call us and we’ll arrange towing for you.
- Call your insurance company to report the accident. Have the information from the scene handy. Tell them Boruske Brothers Collision Center is completing your repairs and give them our phone number. Your insurance company will provide you with a claim number (we will need that information).
Where do I get a claim number?
How do I deal with photo shop claims?
Can I select the shop I want to complete my repairs?
What is a car insurance deductible?
You pay your deductible directly to the shop completing the repair. It is kind of like paying your co-pay when you go to the doctor. If you are not certain what your deductible is, your insurance company can tell you OR we can contact your insurance company for you.
How long will the repairs take?
Can I get a ride home while my vehicle is being repaired?
Where is my VIN?
How to Protect Your Vehicles Finish
- Always remove contaminants as soon as possible with soap and water.
- Gas, oil, bird droppings, tree sap, rain spots, salt, and tar can all destroy a vehicle’s finish.
- Buy gentle cleaners made just for auto finishes.
- Never use dish soap and laundry soap to wash your vehicle.
- Wet the vehicle before applying soap.
- Use soft cloths. Avoid rotating brushes.
- Wax twice a year. Never right after refinishing.
- Never apply protectants to a dirty vehicle.
Are there any guarantees offered on the repairs?
Can you match my car’s paint color?
If my vehicle’s frame is damaged, is the car a total loss?
Boruske Brothers Collision Center is a Direct Repair shop for MetLife Insurance, State Auto Insurance, and Cincinnati Insurance/LYNX.
Know Your Rights
You have the right to choose your own repair shop.
If you are in an accident or collision in Ohio or Kentucky, state law dictates that you have the right to take your vehicle to the repair shop of your choice. Insurance companies typically have a list of “preferred” repair shops, but you are NOT obligated to use one of these shops.
You have the right to have your vehicle repaired to its pre-accident condition.
Your insurance company is under obligation to provide you with the sufficient funding to repair your vehicle back to its pre-accident condition.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts vs. aftermarket parts.
Your insurance policy may be written to require aftermarket parts. We do our best to price match with OEM parts to get the best quality repair for your vehicle.